Thought Machine is solving one of the biggest problems in banking. Since launching in 2014, our mission has been to liberate banks from outdated, legacy technology which stifles their ability to innovate. Thought Machine’s core product is a cloud native, core banking engine built to run any type of bank - from established Tier 1 banks all the way to new challenger banks.
To move closer to achieving our mission, we are looking for highly talented individuals to join the fast growing team. With a founding team drawn from Google, we have a deep culture of engineering excellence and we believe it is this which delivers a solution compelling enough to engender a seismic shift in the banking industry.
Thought Machine was recognised on LinkedIn’s Top Startups List (2019) and named in Fintech 50 (2019). We pride ourselves on having an excellent internal culture, where we take cultural fit as important as technical fit when we make new hires. At Thought Machine, we strive hard to create a fast-paced, supportive and fun working environment to enable the team to produce the best technical work in the industry.
Thought Machine is looking for a qualified accountant to become a key member of the finance team. Reporting to the Head of Finance Operations, the Financial Accountant role will cover a wide range of critical finance responsibilities and provide a superb springboard for an ambitious candidate looking to progress their career in finance.
- Responsible for the preparation of the monthly management accounts
- Preparation of bi-weekly reporting pack for the CEO (P&L, Cashflow, Ad-hoc Analysis)
- Provision of high quality technical accounting and financial analysis as needed
- Preparation of quarterly financial reviews, business partnering the various budget holders to understand their progress against the forward plan
- Assistance with the preparation of statutory accounts
- Improve transactional processes and controls, taking charge of monitoring and identifying ways to make transactional processing (such as expenses, supplier invoicing etc) more efficient.
- Become the subject matter expert for the Workday ERP system being implemented by the business. Take responsibility for reporting from the system, ensuring data integrity and generating new analytical insights from the operational data.
- Responsible for international entities currently being established, including intercompany transactions and group reporting set-up
- Assess and understand the consequences of changes to accountancy and tax rulings and proactively raise the implications they will have on the business
- Improve the reporting process to ensure business efficiency
- Ensure that Corporation Tax and VAT returns are prepared accurately and paid on a timely basis
- A Qualified Accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA) with minimum 2 years post qualified experience
- Highly analytical with strong problem-solving skills
- Able to identify control weaknesses and proactively suggest and implement improvements where required
- Work under pressure to continually meet tight deadlines
- Experience of working with finance systems (Xero, Netsuite etc)
- Advanced Excel skills (at least Pivots, SUMIFS, INDEXMATCH) and able to demonstrate this
- Workday experience is an advantage
- Experience in software industry
- Experience of international entity consolidation and group reporting
- Experience of working in or with scale-up businesses
- Highly competitive salary
- Pension plan
- Private health insurance (including dental & optical)
- Cycle to work scheme
- Season ticket loan
- Onsite gym
- Sports and hobby clubs, subsidised by Thought Machine
- All the latest tech you need
- Start the day properly with fresh fruit and cereals
- Huge range of healthy (and not so healthy) snacks, smoothies, juice, tea, coffee and soft drinks on tap
- A talented & experienced team as your colleagues
- An environment where we encourage learning and progress
- Weekly food pop up
- Monthly social with arcade games
Thought Machine is committed to making a measurable positive impact on people's everyday lives. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We actively hire for cultural growth. We welcome people of all ages, backgrounds and value people who take a journey unique to them. We provide everyone with equal access to professional development. You are encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description.