Thought Machine is solving one of the biggest problems in banking. Since launching in 2014, our mission has been to liberate banks from outdated, legacy technology which stifles their ability to innovate. Thought Machine’s core product is a cloud native, core banking engine built to run any type of bank - from established Tier 1 banks all the way to new challenger banks.
To move closer to achieving our mission, we are looking for highly talented individuals to join the fast growing team. With a founding team drawn from Google, we have a deep culture of engineering excellence and we believe it is this which delivers a solution compelling enough to engender a seismic shift in the banking industry.
Thought Machine was recognised on LinkedIn’s Top Startups List (2019) and named in Fintech 50 (2019). We pride ourselves on having an excellent internal culture, where we take cultural fit as important as technical fit when we make new hires. At Thought Machine, we strive hard to create a fast-paced, supportive and fun working environment to enable the team to produce the best technical work in the industry.
Market Intelligence is a newly set up team within Thought Machine that has been created to provide ongoing insights, and conduct strategic reviews for the CEO to inform his decision making, as well drive ad-hoc cross-functional projects. This is an exciting role, with the successful candidate having the opportunity to help build a newly created team within Thought Machine.
- Define approach for the use of data analytics to provide pro-active, and insightful analysis to support CEO in decision making
- Identify appropriate data sources, both internally and externally, to utilise
- Build and manage databases, and create dashboards to track data
- Conduct analytics to identify insights and present those insights to CEO and other members of the executive team
- Complete ad hoc strategic reviews of potential growth opportunities for business
- Perform scenario and business modelling as part of evaluation of competitors, potential customers, and ad hoc strategic reviews
- Support business planning within the Commercial team
- 2+ years of relevant experience in a strategy or management consultancy focussed on Financial Services, or in-house strategy consulting experience with a leading bank
- Intellectually curious with strong qualitative and quantitative skills
- Solution focussed, with a bias for action
- Ability to breakdown a problem, and identify implementable solutions
- Data-driven, with ability to manipulate large data sources, and distill into commercial insights
- Experience building and maintaining databases, using at least one of the following: R, Python, Scala, SQL
- A team player with the ability to work independently
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment and managing multiple projects concurrently
- Excellent verbal and written communicator, with experience building presentations for with CEO and executive team
- Undergraduate degree from top tier university in a technical subject e.g. maths, engineering etc.
- Highly competitive salary
- Pension plan
- Private health insurance (including dental & optical)
- Cycle to work scheme
- Season ticket loan
- Onsite gym
- Sports and hobby clubs, subsidised by Thought Machine
- All the latest tech you need
- Start the day properly with fresh fruit and cereals
- Huge range of healthy (and not so healthy) snacks, smoothies, juice, tea, coffee and soft drinks on tap
- A talented & experienced team as your colleagues
- An environment where we encourage learning and progress
- Weekly food pop up
- Monthly social with arcade games
Thought Machine is committed to making a measurable positive impact on people's everyday lives. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We actively hire for cultural growth. We welcome people of all ages, backgrounds and value people who take a journey unique to them. We provide everyone with equal access to professional development. You are encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description.