Thought Machine is solving one of the biggest problems in banking. Since launching in 2014, our mission has been to liberate banks from outdated, legacy technology which stifles their ability to innovate. Thought Machine’s core product is a cloud native, core banking engine built to run any type of bank - from established Tier 1 banks all the way to new challenger banks.
To move closer to achieving our mission, we are looking for highly talented individuals to join the fast growing team. With a founding team drawn from Google, we have a deep culture of engineering excellence and we believe it is this which delivers a solution compelling enough to engender a seismic shift in the banking industry.
Thought Machine was recognised on LinkedIn’s Top Startups List (2019) and named in Fintech 50 (2019). We pride ourselves on having an excellent internal culture, where we take cultural fit as important as technical fit when we make new hires. At Thought Machine, we strive hard to create a fast-paced, supportive and fun working environment to enable the team to produce the best technical work in the industry.
Thought Machine is looking for a Compliance Manager who focuses on Projects and Advice ensuring we are compliant with business changes both here in the UK and internationally. As global regulatory standards differ, Thought Machine’s approach to risk and compliance will need to meet the highest regulatory standards across all the markets in which it operates.
- Ensure that our product, Vault, complies with all regulatory requirements as outlined in Rules, Guidance and informal guidance by the regulators (e.g. Financial Conduct Authority, Monetary Authority of Singapore, etc.)
- Ensure Thought Machine is compliant with planned changes to the business (e.g. regulatory requirements and expectations of clients in other jurisdictions to help with international expansion plans); over the next few years Thought Machine will be in a period of rapid change due to its growth objectives.
- Work with both engineering and client services team to ensure the product meets existing and forthcoming regulatory requirements.
- Provide compliance advice and oversight for current requirements (e.g. security, data protection) and in the development and launch of the global SaaS platform, ISO Accreditation and future accreditations and requirements.
- Monitor ongoing changes to regulation that may affect the product or Thought Machine.
- Engage with industry trade bodies on risk and compliance and responding to consultations.
- Support other compliance managers with their duties.
- 5+ years’ experience working in Fintech or financial services (specifically retail banking or regulatory compliance consultancy for retail banks)
- Ability to work within a cross functional environment particularly with engineering and delivery functions.
- Experience working with a compliance function in a company that provides a SaaS platform/ solution.
- High energy and the desire to work in a fast moving environment.
- Previous experience working in a consultancy would be valuable.
- International experience (including at global firms or on global projects) would be desirable.
- Highly competitive salary
- Pension plan
- Private health insurance (including dental & optical)
- Cycle to work scheme
- Season ticket loan
- Onsite gym
- Sports and hobby clubs, subsidised by Thought Machine
- All the latest tech you need
- Start the day properly with fresh fruit and cereals
- Huge range of healthy (and not so healthy) snacks, smoothies, juice, tea, coffee and soft drinks on tap
- A talented & experienced team as your colleagues
- An environment where we encourage learning and progress
- Weekly food pop up
- Monthly social with arcade games
Thought Machine is committed to making a measurable positive impact on people's everyday lives. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We actively hire for cultural growth. We welcome people of all ages, backgrounds and value people who take a journey unique to them. We provide everyone with equal access to professional development. You are encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description.